Ford Fiesta small SUV from Thailand is available at Jim Auto Thailand in following two models:
|Ford Fiesta 5DR 1.5L Trend AT||Ford Fiesta 5DR 1.5L Sport AT|
How it works
- The dual-clutch design of the 6-speed PowerShift automatic transmission has two individual 3-speed transmissions working together in parallel. Each clutch controls three of the forward gears.
- The transmission automatically engages the next gear in the sequence in anticipation of the shift, so gear changes are quick and power delivery is seamless, whether accelerating or slowing down.
Dual-clutch transmissions have been in racing cars for many years. Ford was one of the first manufacturers to commit to making them available in their vehicle range.
Power with efficiency
- Neutral idle disconnects the transmission from the engine when idling to help save on fuel, even if it’s in gear.
- A wide gear ratio span provides torque in lower gears and two overdrive gears reduce engine rpm at highway speeds, also adding to fuel efficiency.
- Its dry clutch design offers cost savings compared to traditional torque converters because it eliminates the added weight and cost of a torque converter, oil cooler, internal pump, and regular transmission fluid checks and refills.
Ford Fiesta Active City Stop
Reading the road
10 meters scanning area ahead of your vehicle
How it works
- A lidar (Light Detection and Ranging) sensor at the top of the windscreen scans the area ahead for other vehicles in slow-moving traffic at speeds of up to 30kmh.
- The sensor is able to capture 15 images, monitor the gap to the vehicle ahead and calculate whether the traffic is slowing or has stopped, all in the time it takes you to blink – in other words, in a second.
- Because the lidar detects reflections off license plates and rear lights, it can be influenced by its positioning and weather conditions. Every model with Active City Stop undergoes winter testing in Sweden and water testing.
50 times a second it scans the road
The power to stop. Fast.
- If it determines that a collision is likely, it pre-charges the brakes. If the driver does nothing to avoid the collision, Active City Stop applies the brakes.
- The system deactivates if you accelerate harder or steer to avoid an accident.